Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Courage...

is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty or intimidation.  "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death.

So stumbling bumbling along through deployment would be classified physical courage.  I give major props to those families that have a deployment over a year.  I salute those who have lost loved ones to this never ending hell.

I had this blog all typed out in my noggin before I made it to the keyboard.  Like clockwork now that I have made it to the keyboard, nothingHere I sit here staring at my blank screen yet again.

Every time I start to type, my mind would became flooded with previous jolly memories of holidays past.  Never were the gifts that important.  Nor the food or decorations. Pass on Santa Claus and the Christmas music. It's all about the time and fun I have while spending it with loved ones.  That's what's missing this year. I've had nobody to be my partner in crime for oh about, well a while now.


My physical courage is to beat this deployment hands down, while staring fear in its giant ugly face.
  
I will leave you with some quotes of courage.

  • Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.  ~Ambrose Redmoon
  •  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.  ~Winston Churchill
  • Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher 
  • Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.  ~Dan Rather
  • Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared.  ~Edward Vernon Rickenbacker
  • Sometimes the biggest act of courage is a small one.  ~Lauren Raffo
  • Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.  ~C.S. Lewis
  • The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.  ~John F. Kennedy
 
 My favorite quote.
  •  Fear and courage are brothers.  ~Proverb 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools